|Mary Anne Wassenberg
6682 Colonnades Drive
Warrenton, VA 20187
Success Empowerment Consultant with extensive experience
in entrepreneurial coaching, project management, technical marketing,
reengineering, risk analysis, transition planning, technology
insertion, requirements analysis, system architecture, database design,
product development, process improvement, and other techniques that
significantly contribute to the achievement of business
objectives. Demonstrated ability in pursuing diverse defense,
civilian, and commercial markets within communications and
systems integration industries.
Entrepreneurial Training/Coaching – Success Empowerment
Consultant, March 2010 to present.
Americana Leadership College,
- Facilitate entrepreneurial empowerment solutions for individuals
and organizations, capitalizing and expanding clients' core
competencies to seize business opportunities and increase affluence.
Professional Training/Coaching – Personal Growth and Leadership
Consultant, May 2004
- Enhance client personal growth, life balance, and leadership
opportunities through mentoring, introspective exercises, real-world
examples, structured courses, techniques, and challenges.
Web Development – Business Manager and Consultant, January 2003
to August 2009, April 2000 to November 2000.
Business/Product Development – Consultant, December 2000
DynCorp Information Systems
(formerly GTE Government Systems), Chantilly, Virginia.
- As Product Manager for electronic
Inventory Management Order (eIMO) and Alternate Product Manager for
collaborative efforts to specify requirements, design architectures,
build databases, develop software, integration test systems, market
benefits, and support web-based, data-driven blood-ordering and
sponsored-recruitment systems for American
Red Cross customers.
- Analyzed National Blood Computer System and related products
compliance with 21 CFR Part 11 (electronic-signature security and
mission-critical quality assurance)
Business/Product Development – Manager, November 1997 to March 2000.
Business/Product Development – Technical Staff, January 1995 to
Systems Engineering – Technical Staff, January 1992 to December 1994.
GTE Government Systems (now General Dynamics),
and Billerica, Massachusetts.
- Supported civilian, defense, and commercial business development
efforts via technically-advanced oral and written communication,
achieving 52% win rate.
- Transitioned viable, innovative proposals into top-quality,
rapid-start programs that utilized business process reengineering,
contingency planning, critical infrastructure protection, enterprise
continuity, asset management, independent verification and validation,
and other techniques to provide maximum return on customer investment.
- Performed program management, team selection, and FEA (functional
economic analysis) functions for Year 2000 assessment and validation
teams that averaged 50% margins for civilian, defense, and commercial
- Led requirements analysis and design tasks for GETS (Government
Emergency Telecommunications Service), DIMSS (Defense Switched Network
Integrated Management Support System), and other complex systems.
- Acted as Product Development Manager for MedTAS, a medical
outcomes analysis and prediction tool that capitalized on peacetime use
of military intelligence techniques for analyzing complex data streams.
- Led research into privacy/security, network management, data
mining, telemedicine, dynamic domain modeling, and emerging
technologies in collaboration with the Koop Foundation, US Navy, FAA,
Oracle, and other groups.
- Improved the division's ISO9001-registered task management,
technical marketing, project staffing, systems engineering, OOA
(object-oriented analysis), OOD (object-oriented design), and
Software Systems Engineering – Technical Staff, February 1987 to
Laboratories (now Verizon
Communications), Waltham, Massachusetts.
- Designed and tested worldwide, networked permission subsystems
for the JWIS (Joint WWMCCS Information System)/JOPES (Joint Operations
Planning and Execution System) software engineering group. Previously,
evaluated screens and system requirements to produce the system
- Produced a distributed architecture definition and three-tiered
prototype for the RCAS (Reserve Component Automation System) database
team and developed an Advanced Software Methods Handbook that described
computer-aided software and systems engineering techniques available to
- Led the real-time analysis of multiple secure communication
interfaces and designed protocol-oriented subsystems for the IIR
(Interim IEMATS Replacement) systems engineering group.
- Performed enterprise modeling/requirements analysis and
integrated information engineering/computer aided software engineering
(CASE) tools for the AFC2S (Air Force Command and Control System) core
Telecommunications Research – Technical Staff, November 1984 to January
GTE Communications Systems (now Lucent
Technologies), Phoenix, Arizona, and Northlake, Illinois.
- Investigated new technologies to improve the technical
communications products and services.
- Developed rapid prototyping, software design, and reusability
techniques to reduce time to market.
- Scripted switching software functionality for use in defense and
- Specified data-level and applications-level protocols for the
integrated voice/data (burst) switch.
- Designed and implemented software for distributed-control,
- Performed message-level testing and integration of complex
- In 1999, assisted in burst switch induction ceremonies at the
Advanced Planning – Technical Staff, July 1979 to October 1984.
- Performed traffic analysis and simulation modeling for the GTD-5
GTD-3 EAX, and No. 2 EAX.
- Measured CPU (real-time) utilization of software functions to
identify improvement opportunities.
- Developed post-processing programs to analyze and enhance
telecommunication system efficiency.
- Formulated capacity models to determine the sizing, location,
connectivity of switches.
Platforms and Operating Systems: Sun with UNIX, DEC VAX with VMS
Ultrix (native UNIX), IBM 370s with MVS, Honeywell DPS8 with GCOS8, IBM
with Windows XP, NT, or 2000, and Apples with MacOS.
Programming Languages: Ada, Assembler (8086 and M68000), "C",
FEA, IDEF, OMT
(Object Modeling Technique), OOA,
(Real-time Object-Oriented Modeling, RUP (Rational
Unified Process), and other techniques.
Tools: CASE tools including Meta Software Design/IDEF and
Rational Analyst Studio; UNIX tools including YACC, LEX, and M4; SQL
tools for Oracle, Microsoft Access, and other databases; office
automation tools including Clarify Front Office, Microsoft Project,
PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and Word; simulator/emulator tools including
Teledyne Brown and EZ-PRO; web development tools such as Atomz,
Linkbot, Net Mechanic, W3e2000, and Website Garage.
Master of Science, Systems Engineering (Software Option), Boston University, 1989, Final Project:
Index and Retrieval System
Bachelor of Science, Mathematics/Psychology, University of Notre Dame, 1979
ADDITIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS & AFFILIATIONS
Corporate Initiatives: Requirements Analyst for intranet site,
Technical Writer and Editor for Internet site, ISO9001 Steering and
Review Committee Member, Process Improvement Task Force Member
(Delivery Order Management and
New Hire Mentoring)
Awards: GTE Excellence Awards for IY2KCC, CIOSP, ISO, OSCAR,
AFC2S, and JWIS
Societies: IEEE Computer
Society, IEEE Communications
Society, Women In
(Mentoring Committee, Web Development Chair), Toastmasters International
Languages: English, French, learning German and Hungarian
Clearance: Secret, Inactive Since March 2000